Wednesday, October 22, 2008

November spawns a monster.

[note: this is funny. I just reread this and it's funny that I assume that someone is reading it. I keep saying that this blog is only for me to vent and make jokes that only I laugh at, but here I go making assumptions that someone will read this... go figure. I guess I'm just a big phony who secretly thinks that he is oh-so-clever... oh, well, that cat's out of the bag.]

[another note: I'm not officially participating in
National Novel Writing Month (November), but since I'm working on this thing now, I'll pretend I am. Even though this isn't a novel. But it's novelish.]

I keep saying I'm going to compile this blog into a book. Dunno why, since the blog is already here and it's free to read. If you've already read the blog, you won't need to read the book.

But it's something I absolutely don't in-any-way need to do. So I'm doing it.

And it's hard work. At one time, I thought I would use my tags to group posts together and make chapters with themes like "The Future of Libraries" and, I don't know, "CRAP!"

That was two chapters right there, so it should be easy. But it isn't. So I'm just starting at the beginning and pulling out blog posts that I think are funny or not-completely-unfunny or informative or that don't suck too much, and then commenting on them if I can think of something to say.

I have over 600 posts, so it's possible that this could be a 300 page book; so for sheer volume, I feel that the blog deserves publication.

If I finish it, I'll let you know.