Thursday, March 13, 2008

Thoughts "c"

So I just went to Toondoo to log into my account to create another hilarious episode of BLACK SHIRTS, you know, that comic strip that all the world is talking about. (The next strip will continue with "square conversation bubble" trying to convince "round conversation bubble" that he's a woman - coming soon.)

And I see this question about a strip: "I don't get it. What's LAPD?"

So, of course, I wonder if this "google generation" lazyassmofo googled "lapd." The first hit from my search says "official website of the Los Angeles Police Department," so I guess he didn't.

But even if he did, how would he even know if the top answer was the right one? I google acronyms and abbreviations and new terms all the time, but sometimes I need to confirm what I find, since obviously at first glance, I don't know what I found. That's why now I tell people to bypass google and just go to wikipedia for any damn thing they want to know. If they aren't going to read a book or ask the librarian, at least they'll find some answer that isn't tied to lots of ads. And they won't have to think too much. Because who needs that; it hasn't helped most people so far.