I hear these kids in the stores with their parents, asking, "Do you like this?" "Do you want this?" "Do we need this?" "I think I want this." "I think I want a yellow one." "Mom, you know I'd like this in yellow." "Mom, I'd like this."
All in less than a minute.
And there are parents who try to answer all the questions until they freak out under this massive denial of service attack. And I want to yell, "Put up your firewall!"
And I start to see kids as some kind of biomechanical organism, as if computers and the Internet and hackers and spam are just a natural evolution of human beings.
Mom, I'm in love with my teacher.
Mom, I'm in love with Adolph Hitler.
Mom, I put a roll of nickels up my ass.
Mom, I put the nickels in your purse.
It's like a complex computer program testing the strength of the firewall. What code gets a response? What code lets me stay out later? What code gets me cash?
Sorry, no conclusion. These are just thoughts.