Sunday, January 6, 2008

YA Lit.

Radar magazine has a guide/quiz for selecting YA chick lit:

Sex! Drugs! Study Hall!
Radar helps you choose the racy teen novel that's right for you (by Paige Ferrari)

So I tried to answer as if it were the prom and Randall Chase (the dreamiest boy in school) was taking me. Oh, what should I wear? What if he wants to do it? Oh, silly, he's gonna want to do it, so how many times, which positions? Should I let him take pictures or video? Oh, my. What would Betsy do?

These were the questions I got:
When it comes to recreational reading, do your tastes veer more toward the (A) literary, or (B) smutty?
Fess Up: Are you a virgin?
Were you sort of a slut in high school?
Were you (A) really, really slutty, or (B) just kind of slutty?
I ended up with Teach Me by R.A. Nelson. But by poking around, I also found these recommendations:
Rainbow Party by Paul Ruditis
Gossip Girl by Cecily von Ziegesar
Summer Boys by Hailey Abbott
The Luxe by Anna Godbersen

I don't know if any of these are slutty or very slutty, or not slutty at all, or if answering the questions reveals any deeper understanding of our true natures. But take the quiz for yourself and see, you dirty, naughty librarian.