Monday, January 5, 2009

I don't know what the hell this is...

But it links to me, so that's all that matters. It's some site called HotStuff 2.0, and it ranks the hotness of library blogs. It doesn't matter that the hotness level of the.effing.librarian is about as warm as a corpse's armpit. It's just nice to be noticed.

But this is a cool tool that lists many blogs I'd never heard of before. Here is a whole list right here. And if you're not on the list, you can add your blog here (down at the bottom of the page).

The "About" page says the HotStuff code was written by Dave Pattern and says this about what the hell it is:
"Hot or Not?
Just for fun, each active blog gains or loses points for each new blog post. Points are gained for using words that haven’t been used frequently in the past, but lost for using words that are declining in popularity."

That seems really complicated. I don't know if I really want to play.
How do I know what was popular before and is declining now? I don't want to be unpopular.

What if I offer to sleep with Dave? Will that make me Hot?
Just thinking about it makes me feel like a whore, so I might as well go all the way.