There seems to be a problem accessing the site. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please try again later.Look at this chick with her scales of injustice arms and cocked head and the pointed toe. Nothing says, Oh, well, tough shit. Nothing I can do about it better than that.
"We apologize for the inconvenience" does not go with that image. That is not the apology pose. The apology pose is slightly bowed with hands clasped together. This is an official response from a huge corporation! This the We're a fucking monopoly, so what are you gonna do about it? pose.
Imagine the response from a company that's not so big; maybe they have a picture of a guy taking a dump onto a keyboard.
For all the librarians who suggest that libraries act more like a business, I am personally accepting that challenge and adopting this pose whenever we have a problem in our library.
- The Internet is Down.
- That bathroom is Out of Order.
- We can't ban kids/ the homeless from the library.
- No, I haven't seen your cell phone/ laptop/ keys/ wallet/ toddler.
- All the copies of Twilight are checked out.
- You shouldn't have sat there if the seat was wet.
- Your car got towed because you can't park there.
- You made us have to call 9-1-1.
- Drive-bys happen!
- I'm on break.