Sunday, November 9, 2008

What the hell was the Annoyed Librarian talking about?

There's a little game I like to play called, What the hell was the Annoyed Librarian talking about?

There's a another game I like to play called The Stormtrooper interrogates Princess Leia which begins with the familiar line:
"Aren't you a little, uh, naked, for a Stormtrooper?"
But that's another story.

I don't know if you read The Annoyed Librarian blog, but she posts stuff and lots of people comment. I mean lots. She could post her grocery list and get 85 comments. By comparison, the.effing.librarian usually gets none, zero.

On October 29, I left the following comment on her blog:
just curious, but after how many comments does the thread take on its own life independent of the original post? here, I think it's 14.
So what I like to do is not read her post, but jump directly to the comments and scroll down to somewhere in the middle and read, often something like this:
"Marcia was an awesome cheerleader until that football hit her in the nose."
And I think, WTF was AL blogging that day? So I scroll back up to see that the topic was something about libraries and kitties making people feel good about themselves. Of course.

There's something positive to be said about being an unpopular blogger; I don't get confused when I read my own blog. I don't have to read weird crap and wonder how all these idiots found my site. I assume people clicked here by accident looking for pictures of naked librarians or library related sex toys or whatever goofy googly search got them here. And then they left the site just as they found it, like climbers of Mount Everest who take their poop back down with them in tiny bags. My site is a well-preserved monument to me.

Now, if you'll excuse me, there's a naked Stormtrooper here to see me.