Thursday, November 22, 2007

New Feature!!!

I know how bored you get when you arrive and see that I haven't posted something new in the last 2 hours, you know, because I have a job; but I can't post continually because if I sit in one place too long somebody might find me and make me attend a meeting...(aaarrrggh).

So I wanted a link to display a random post, and I found one. There it is over there. You don't see it. Okay, right here. Now you can click and read a classic post selected for you by magic. Read an old post and pretend it's new. No more digging through the archives to locate that historic gem from yesteryear. Simply click and find a golden moment to share with your loved ones. What a wonderful gift from me to you at this holiday season.

Now you can look back to yesteryear and read posts from the 1970's when Effing tried to mimic the comedy stylings of Woody Allen by randomly inserting references to "gulags" and "Norman Mailer" into his posts. One click could return this gag from the hilarious post, "Allen and Diane," a one-act sequel to the film Annie Hall:

Diane: I can't sleep with you. I'm seeing someone else.
Allen: Who? Who? How could you do this to me? Who is he? Normal Mailer's doorman? Some escaped dissident from a Soviet gulag?
Diane: No. As a matter of fact, he's a carpenter. And he's gay.
Allen: Gay? Like deliriously happy? And he's a carpenter? He's a gay carpenter? Does he only make queen-size beds?

See? Isn't that pure genius? Well, click on that "random post" link and see what's in there.