Thursday, October 25, 2007

Knowledge by Consensus: A historical perspective

[note: this is sort of a continuation of this: What's Right or Wrong with Wikipedia?]

You know I'd do anything for you guys, so last night I time-travelled back to see a version of Wikipedia from long ago. Yeah, now I know I could have just used the Wayback Machine, but I didn't think of it last night, okay? Besides, the time travel was way cooler. The only problem is, that before I left, we were all unicorns and lived in a world of peace and harmony (so I must have disrupted something in the fantasy-alchemy-reality-time-space (or farts) continuum),... but this isn't so bad, right?

Wikipedia in the year 1200

The World



This page is currently protected from editing until disputes have been resolved.



orbis terrarum est campester
orbis terrarum est rotundus
il mondiale Ÿ piatto
il mondiale Ÿ rotondo
The World, she is round.
The World is Flat.





Maybe I'm just too much of a fan of hero mythology or Archie comics because I usually believe that everyone else is wrong, and one person will rise up to save us. And that person is me, obviously. And don't say I'm Jughead.