Friday, October 26, 2007

I blog. Therefore, I am nothing.

I can get really emotional sometimes. I try to remain calm because I'm aware of this defect. So I'm usually calm, calm, calm, calm, crazy motherf**ker, calm, calm. It's like that Jurassic Park movie when Jeff Goldblum talks about the oohing and the aahing, but then comes the inevitable running and the screaming. My goal when writing for this page is to keep the oohing, minimize the screaming.

So I don't write about issues. Or dumb patrons. Those are real-life things that can make me crazy. So I try to avoid them to stay sane. Think calm flowing waters. Think Teletubbies. Think Zamfir, master of the pan flute. Ahhh.

So I'm really glad you blog issues. I have professional views on what's appropriate for kids to read and I have personal views on how people should behave in the library, but I try not to express them here. Here, I make up crap that helps me to express general philosophical views.

But all you guys who blog on real issues, work issues; keep it up. And thanks for coming here to watch this monkey dance. Now throw me a freaking quarter, or I'll bite your ass.