Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Books. Words in Books. Your Words in Books.

Hasn't each of you written at least one post that you think is worthy of preservation in a book?

Doesn't that still feel special, to get your words in a book. It does to me. I could have one word in a book somewhere, and I would own a copy of that book and every night I would open it and run my finger down the page to my quotation where it would say, "Forts," and I'd laugh myself to sleep at the typo.


In a recent email, I suggested a project about doing a "best of library blogs 2007: an annual review of the best library writing on the web blah blah blah." And the more I think about it, the more I wish I'd thought of it first.

You know what's so good about the idea? Whoever edits it is guaranteed to have a post included. The idea doesn't sound so dumb now, huh.