Friday, July 27, 2007

Now with more effing goodness

I want to learn more.

It used to be that all I had to know was some Microsoft Office, a few Unix commands, some html, a couple of Google tricks and I was set. I did my job, and there was much rejoicing.

But now I don't know what the hell I'm supposed to be doing. I still do the basic stuff, but all the librarian bloggers are making me feel like crap because I don't know the latest stuff. And there's so much stuff!

I feel like Robin Williams (in Moscow on the Hudson) going, "coffee coffee coffee," then collapsing onto my ass in a well-rehearsed celebration of capitalism.

I sometimes curse my liberal arts background when suddenly coming to terms with my professional mortality. I've never been a techno-geek; I'm just techno-comfortable.

Now I need to choose a path: do I learn the technical side of this Web crap to create content? do I learn graphic design and image editing? do I just learn enough to teach others?

The first step is probably to stop typing, huh.