Wednesday, July 7, 2010

And the winner is: Elon, North Carolina.

Oh, let the winner be Paris. Let it be Paris. Please. Please. Please. Please. Please.

I don't know about you, but when I see visits to my blog from certain cities, I get a little excited. Being stuck here at work and then finding that I got a visit from someone in Prague or Paris or Rome makes everything seem a little bit cooler. I can't explain why.

It's like playing the license plate game, but with IP addresses. I see Brooklyn, New York. I see Cincinnati, Ohio. I see Topeka, Kansas. I see Ann Arbor, Michigan. I see Elon, North Carolina.

Elon is today's winner. Elon, North Carolina.

Elon suffers the unfortunate aspect of being a town: their website says, "Welcome to the Town of Elon's official website."

Wait, did that say, "Welcome to the Town o' Felons official website"? Town O' Felons?

I'm sorry. I'm sure you're a great town and all, but that name... gets me giggly.