Friday, June 4, 2010

Today's WINNER is Washington, D. C.

Congratulations, Washington, District of Columbia, for being this drawing's winner.

Everyone else: you did not win. There is only one winner, one king of the hill, one big cheese, but it is not you.

But if you are someone who visited this blog today from the winning city, then by association, you can also feel like a winner, although you are not. But feeling like a winner is pretty good, huh? But you didn't win, so don't get cocky.

Okay, I'll tell you what this is about since I've done it twice. I take the last 100 locations to visit this site and pick a random number and declare that city the winner. If the IP logs no city because you have cleverly hidden part of your address, I go on until I get a winning city. That is all. The more times you visit, the more chances your city has to win, if you could predict exactly when I would hold this drawing and visit many times that day... which no one can predict. You don't feel so clever, now, you IP address-maskers, huh?