Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Comments.

Wow. This is the nicest, politest, most inviting invitation to leave a comment that I have ever read. I would feel totally guilty if I created an account and signed in just to troll or curse or promote my lawncare business. Look at this:
"The Miami Herald is pleased to provide this opportunity to share information, experiences and observations about what's in the news. Some of the comments may be reprinted elsewhere in the site or in the newspaper. We encourage lively, open debate on the issues of the day, and ask that you refrain from profanity, hate speech, personal comments and remarks that are off point. In order to post comments, you must be a registered user of MiamiHerald.com. Your username will show along with the comments you post. Thank you for taking the time to offer your thoughts."
Have you seen a better invitation? I wonder if my blog said something like that whether more of you would leave comments.

I think for the summer I'll rerun all my posts that have no comments. Out of my 900-plus posts so far, that might be about 775 commentless entries. Ooh, summer reruns. I bet you can't wait.