Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Papa's Got a Brand New Blog.

I realize this has never been a theme-based blog. Themes are useful. Most popular blogs are either about one thing or written by some recognizable name. And yes, some are just news aggregators with minimal commentary... And some are user driven... Alright, shut up already. But most blogs have a singular central theme.

And without a theme, how can you recommend this blog to your friends? Do you just say, it's a funny blog? Because it's only funny about ten percent of the time. Do you say it's a librarian blog? Why the hell would you do that? Who the hell wants to read a librarian blog? No wonder my readership has stagnated, since you people can't even convince your friends to visit.

And since people have never been able to properly label what the.effing.librarian does, I've decided to create a new blog where I can compartmentalize my thoughts into an easily recognizable formula.

It's called Library Horrors. It's about all the horrible crap that happens in libraries. I understand that this sounds like SafeLibraries.org, but it's not like all this bad stuff is a secret.

And follow libraryhorrors on Twitter. If you're into that sort of thing. But I don't think I'll post anything there that isn't already here.