Sunday, November 16, 2008

Crafty Death.

I just finished my Crafty Chica journal-in-a-box that I bought on clearance. Yes, I made a journal. So I can write down all my hopes and dreams and desires. Here it is:

The kit comes with papers and glue and glitter and letters and other stuff to make your own journal. I went to the Miami Book Fair over the weekend and heard Scott McCloud give his history of comics and graphic novels and someone asked him what he was reading now and he said, Death Note. I read part of one issue online and saw that it's about a journal that if you write someone's name in it and say how you want them to die, they will die in that way. So I figured that Death Note was a good name for my journal.

It was fun making my journal. I don't know if it has the same powers as the Death Note journal, but if you want to leave me some names and death scenarios, I'll be happy to write them in the book to see what happens. The only limitation is that it can't be anyone famous, and it can't be me. But if you have someone you think should die, then let me know and we can see if the "shinigami" does his job.

(Not responsible for misspellings and having the wrong people die. Oh, and not responsible for having the right people die. The above is for entertainment purposes only: shinigami are not real.)