Wednesday, January 9, 2008

I am Sorry. I am Sorry. I am Sorry.

Don't ask how or why, but the other day I had the idea that it would be funny if I made a video of a cute, furry animal hand puppet reciting George Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words" (you can't say on television).

So I made a video of a a cute, furry animal hand puppet reciting George Carlin's "Seven Dirty Words" you can't say on television. It is for Adults Only. No, I am not linking to it; I have too much class (not so much class that I stopped myself from making the video...). But you are free to find it on your own.

If you do watch it, think about this: a grown-up person made it. I had to find a suitable puppet (some were judged not); I wrote a script; I rehearsed; I shot four takes; I trimmed off some seconds; I converted the format; I uploaded it, wrote a description and tags.

It's amazing how much effort we make for some things and how little we can be bothered for others. We are all going to die from some preventable calamity some day, but we will have been greatly entertained. If only I could devote as much time to learning a musical instrument or a foreign language, I would be a king. Learn, people, from my mistakes!

(Here is the link on the official George Carlin page, but the background and white text make it difficult to read.)