Saturday, October 20, 2007

People misjudge me because I am an A-hole.

[This is based on "People pre-judge me because I look like Hitler" which AL linked-- I don't feel like linking to it. I'm in a bad mood...]


I've said this before and I'll say it now, I don't give a crap about blogging. I did this because I wanted to get a jump on the whole "23 things" before it became required at the job (and this is what really sucks about this -- I did it so I would be prepared to help others - ??? - WTF? Me? Help people?).


I like to help people. But I'm also an asshole. Often, I will help someone, and then moments later, when she is convinced that I am a nice person and drops by my workspace to make small talk, I will bark, "What the hell do you want? Can't you see I'm busy?"

And that's how I feel about this blog. If it weren't for the four (or seven) people who seem to enjoy coming here, I would stop. If the three people who mentioned this thing back in May had just kept their mouths shut, I would have gone away. I feel like some pathetic radio host who thinks he's relevant because Jessica Walter keeps requesting "Misty." Just kill me and get it over with.

So nice guy, asshole, nice guy, asshole. Guess who I am now?

And I was wondering if the Annoyed Librarian is just a troll. It's not a nice thing to say, but I was thinking that she enjoys pissing people off a little too much. And sometimes reading her page reminds me of what I hate about the Internet: the bickering; the one-sided arguments; the name-calling; the baiting.

I'm not trying to piss her off. I'm in her blog roll.

The Internet really only has two useful purposes for me: first as entertainment, including shopping, Homestar Runner and movie reviews, and last as a huge pain in my ass (which is sometimes useful).


Anyway, right now, I have real world stuff to worry about: I have a cold, and I can't convince the phone company that I can't get a dial tone at my place, so the whole Internet can just kiss my ass.

Comments are blocked for this post; don't even acknowledge that you read it. I would delete it, but someone just called to hear Prelude to a Kiss, so I matter, baby.