Wednesday, August 8, 2007

"The Isolated Quote" Part Deux

Someone claiming to be Steven Galloway left a comment on the original "isolated quote" story, and he seemed upset about what the.effing.librarian wrote.
But if you clicked on the link and read the story, you can see that I didn't lie when I posted the quote where he said, "We should burn down the libraries because they're stealing from us."

First, if something I wrote about someone caused them to get pissed-off enough to write back, then, good.
Second, I figured if he (or someone claiming to be Steven-- I don't want to anger someone with a mental disorder) was mad, it's probably because other people made the same criticism about what he was quoted as saying in that article and he doesn't want to hear about it anymore.
And so I figured I owed him the consideration of listening to the full audio of the conversation to see if he was joking when he said it or if he was humming the "Horst-Wessel-Lied."

And, no, Steven wasn't humming.
So the audio makes it sound like everybody was sitting and joking and especially not humming.

So I want everyone to know (all 41 of you who read this) that Steven doesn't want to burn down libraries; he loves libraries. And, especially, he wants all of you to stop buying his books and to just borrow them from the library instead.

So, Steven, are we cool?