Sunday, August 15, 2010

I have run out of fucks.

I thought I might still be able to give a fuck about stuff and write about it, but I have no fucks left to give.

Living the online world seems to age us in dog years, or even faster. Bloggers come on the scene and streak across the sky to burn up in the atmosphere all too soon. Well, it really isn't "too soon" because our attention spans are so short and as soon as too large a crowd gathers, we lose interest anyway.

I'm just saying this because I came pretty close to deleting this blog and my twitter this weekend when realized I was out of fucks. I didn't see any in the freezer to thaw. And I looked for a box of instant fucks, but the only one I have needs for me to give a shit and I'm out of shits, too.

As usual, I went looking to pick up some fucks online, from other librarian blogs or just from reading the news. But, still nothing. You all have lots of fucks available, but nothing seems to fit me.

So I'm just saying. If you find that this thing is gone, you shouldn't wonder why.

But don't worry about me, I'm starring a new reality show called, "I Would Put Pants on That" on the Travel Channel where we visit places and things that look like human genitalia and discuss whether we should put pants on it. Our first episode we visit an orchid garden and the Florida State Capitol building in Tallahassee (yes, view it from that angle).