Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Pour Moi?

I got this email the other day:
"Congratulations. Your blog has been nominated for our Library Blog Awards. In fact, your blog was suggested more than once."

Peter W Tobey
salempress.com
I immediately suspected bullshit. As I can't imagine that any of you would nominate me. Okay, maybe you, but definitely not you. Maybe it was a typo. A lot of people use the name the.effing.librarian. And is this really even a Library Blog?

Anyway, it looks like the contest at Salem Press is for real, and not bullshit:
"So, we've decided to recognize the best efforts in the field. Not only to praise the praise-worthy but also to publicize the good stuff. To that end, we're hosting something we call the Library Blog Awards."
So go and nominate your favorite library blogs. And if you're as crazy about the.effing.librarian as I am, please nominate me a few more times. There will be cash prizes which I will share with no one if I win, but the money will go back into the writing of this blog to keep it the hoopiest place on the twelve internets.