Friday, June 26, 2009

Please help me to exploit a dead celebrity.

Last year, someone donated a copy of Making Michael Jackson's Thriller on VHS to the library, and as is the case with donated items, the library put it on a book sale table and I bought it for $1.

Now that the King of Pop is gone from this world, I see that his memorabilia is soaring in value. On Amazon, copies of this tape are listed for over $150.

So, how can I profit from this? I guess if I sold my tape for $2, I'd still make 100 percent profit. But how can I make 10,000 percent profit? Does that seem fair?

See? That's the thing. I don't really care to rip people off by selling worthless crap at outrageous prices. Don't get me wrong, I love money. But there's only so much I'm willing to do for it. I've been talked into swallowing 100 heroin-filled balloons and sneaking over the border from Canada (damn your sexiness, George Clooney, you can talk a girl into anything). But exploiting a dead pop star is not cool.