Monday, September 29, 2008

DSL

I'm an ass. I don't know why I still don't have DSL, but my girlfriend just got it. And, damn, it's fast, so I should get it.

When I hit "publish" at 7:27 AM, I want my words to appear instantly on that Internet stage for everyone to enjoy, as fresh as the moment I conceived them, and not at one minute later, at 7:28 when they would be wilted or curdled.

Then we can all enjoy them together, however rushed or imperfect they may be. Maybe they needed a soupçon of sarcastic wit, or another dollop of "ass." But they would be there for you. Yum yum.


But about DSL: I think I don't like the idea that there would be one number to identify me everywhere on the net. There are probably ways to keep my privacy with a static IP, but I don't know what they are. I set up the gf's firewall and went to GRC to check the ports and it says her computer is in total "stealth." So maybe she isn't broadcasting her identity all over.

But still, I don't trust the Internet, so I'd like to remain a little less visible for as long as possible. "I am the boy that can enjoy invisibility," whatever that means.