This note is from 4/10/2001.
Voice on phone: “This is OnStar calling for one of our customers…”
“Is it for Batman?” I queried.
“No,” the voice replied. “Our customer would like to know if you have computer access and fax capabilities.”
“I thought Batman had a computer in his car.” I was skeptical.
“It’s not Batman,” the voice insisted.
“Okay. Well, tell the person who isn’t Batman that we have computers with Internet access, but no fax.”
I don’t know why I would make up something like this, so it must be something that really happened. It’s not like me to lie to myself. But frankly, I can't remember if I made it up. Maybe I’m like that Memento guy, but instead of having a 15 minute short-term memory-loss problem, mine is 7 years.
Wow, so every 7 years, I forget everything like it never happened. That’s weird. Maybe I should see a doctor.