[Dallas] should install software on its library computers that sends an electronic message to librarians and Internet users alike "when possibly inappropriate content is accessed." That's the recommendation that city staff members will present to the City Council's quality of life and government services committee at a Tuesday meeting.
Ok. And then what? Will this be my work day from now on?
*Phone rings.
"Reference desk. How can I help you? Yes, ma'am, drinking bleach is bad. I know. We all want whiter teeth. I have the number for poison control here on our web page; it's.."
*bing! "POTENTIALLY OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT is about to be accessed on Computer #16."
"...let me just close this window, and I'll have that number..."
*bing! "POTENTIALLY OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT is about to be accessed on Computer #22."
"What the?"
*bing! "POTENTIALLY OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT is about to be accessed on Computer #4."
*bing! "POTENTIALLY OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT is about to be accessed on Computer #11."
*bing! "POTENTIALLY OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT is about to be accessed on the Branch Manager's Computer."
*bing! "POTENTIALLY OBJECTIONABLE CONTENT is about to be accessed on Computer #9."
"Ma'am? You still there?"