Thursday, November 1, 2007

Wow, I'm old.

I was listening to TSOL in the car on the way to work and I started thinking about when I was a young nipper and I remembered that I am so old that I had Never Mind the Bollocks, Here's the Sex Pistols by the Sex Pistols and (I'm) Stranded by The Saints on 8-track.
8-track!
8-track!!!!

[minor clarification: you could have listened to all the KC and the Sunshine Band you wanted to on 8-track and it wouldn't have mattered. but there's something about listening to punk rock on 8-track that just seems wrong... 8-tack was the standard and everyone had their copies of Santana or Leon Russell or The Commodores, but buying punk on 8-track makes it seem like I didn't even realize what punk was. like it was the same as Heart or Thin Lizzy, and it wasn't. but back then, it probably was the same to me. but then punk became a big thing, and it's still here and I'm sure your library even has a few books about it. that's all I mean.]