Monday, November 12, 2007

Evolution: I don't think so.

Please forgive this outburst.

People are assholes.
If anyone ever asks me if I believe in God or some other higher being who is responsible for us being here, that is the reason for my belief in Him or Her or It.

Why are people such assholes?
I will continue to doubt the theory of human evolution so long as no one is able to catalog the asshole behaviors of this planet's flora and fauna. Where are the porpoises who are pricks? Cockknocker clown fish? Dickhead dalmatians? Shitbag boa constrictors? Where is that asshat American Beauty Rose? And I don't mean that monkeys are assholes, but which monkeys? Which sea lions? Which oaks? (And I don't mean the ones from that Rush song because that was all of them.) I want someone to drive down my street and point and say, "that palm tree can kiss my ass" and give me a good reason why.

Why is there such a disproportionate share of shitheads among Homo sapiens?

Because God in his infinite wisdom, gave only man free will. Every other creature has a predetermined DNA that ensures they tow the line. You can argue the evolution of plants and animals all you want, but how are we here?

If you look for proof in the Bible stories, when God made Adam and Eve and they screwed up and ate the apple, why didn't he just blink them out of existence and make two more idiots to follow his rules? Because that was the goal! He probably made a thousand other Adams and Eves who did exactly as they were created to do, and they got blinked out, or left on other planets or tossed into a volcano. Maybe he came from another planet and was tired of everything being the same and sat down at his Sears and Roebuck's Little Science Whiz chemistry kit to make something different.

Until someone lists all the other asshole plants and animals on this planet, I will continue to believe that we are special and were created by some overworked bastard who should have taken a sick day in the middle of the week so that he wouldn't have produced such sloppy work. Until then, I will continue to argue that there is a God because the actions of you and me and everyone else prove it.