Monday, July 30, 2007

Shut up and dance

Ok, so I'm checking out this page ... (Go ahead and look; I'll still be here when you get back. Really. Nobody cares about you like I do.)

And now I feel lonely. Don't tell me you don't. I can't even imagine being that networked. (I still have a rotary dial phone.)
Here is her network compared to mine:








Sometimes I think I want to be that connected. But then I don't. I want people to say, Hey! but I want to left alone. I want to make friends, but I want to sit in the corner and crunch on my crudités all by my lonesome. I want hip couples to name their kids after me: Ross, Rachel, Chandler and Effing; but I don't want Effing sitting with Logan, Cooper, Brooklyn and Hunter.

I sometimes feel like it's a race to catch up to the connected people. A race I can't possible win.

But the truth is that it's not a race. It's a dance. And we're all in it together. And as Winston Churchill once said to Eleanor Roosevelt, "I bet you look good on the dancefloor."